We will be updating this page as more information becomes available.
- DEC to Begin Cleanup at DZUS Fastener Site – 1/4/17
- West Islip Patch Article: 1/4/17
- Expedited Cleanup of Contamination to Begin in Willetts Creek, Related to Dzus Fastener Co. Site Located in West Islip: 1/3/17
- Newsday Article: 1/3/2017
- DEC Fact Sheet – June 2016
- DEC Fact Sheets – March 2016
- Recap of the W.I. Public Forum on DZUS Superfund Site: 3/31/16
- WIRES (W.I. Residents for Environmental Safety) Community Facebook page
- Islip Bulletin Article: 3/31/16
- WIRES Community Information Update: 3/16/16
- Islip Bulletin Article: 3/3/16
- Newsday Article: 2/29/16
- Islip Bulletin Article: 1/28/16
The following information (provided by the DEC) is currently available at the Library. Please visit the Adult Reference Desk if you would like to view the CDs.
- Site Management Plan Records of Decision: May 2014
- Groundwater Sampling Report: November 2013
- Dzus Letter Report, Sediment Sampling Report: April and November 2013
- Dzus Final Groundwater Sampling Report: March 2015
- Dzus Final Alternatives Analysis Report: March 2016
- Fish Tissue Sampling reports: May 2012
If you have any questions, please contact Donna MacGilvray, our Head of Reference Services:
Phone: (631) 661-7080 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, March 23, 2016: The NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and the Department of Health (DOH) held a public forum at W.I. High School to address residents’ concerns regarding the new contamination found at the DZUS Fastener site & Willetts Creek.